1. Do I really need two of something? Do I need two bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and hand soap refills? I doubt it. I’m trying to reduce the number of things that I have. There is no need for my place to be a storage warehouse. If I need something, I can easily go out and buy it. No need to hoard things.
2. I realize why I don’t enjoy the snow here. The snow here doesn’t have that mesmerizing quality that falling snow has back home. You know, the kind of snow that falls so gently and peacefully that you can’t help but watch it fall. The kind of snow that makes everything really quiet. The kind of snow that has you curled up somewhere warm (a fireplace is nice) with a good book and some tea or hot cocoa.
3. The SO Delicious coconut almond mini bars are almost as good as the vanilla and almond snack size bars from Häagen-Dazs. I’m trying to reduce dairy and craving junk food lately, the coconut almond mini bars are a pretty good solution.
4. I feel better when the window is open. I’m sure there is someone who will jump up and down that I’m wasting energy by opening the window with the heat on inside. Don’t worry, I turned down the heat settings and the window is only open a crack. I just need some fresh air. There is a lack of air circulation and I found out today that I feel much better if the window is cracked. It does make it a bit louder, though.
5. Having a purging cleaning spree is good for your mind and soul. Not to mention your health as well. I’ve been slowly working through the various nooks and crannies in my place. My very impulsive and impatient sides want to do it all at once in one big cleaning spree with a mini dumpster to drop things into from my windows, but alas, it’s not to be. However, I’m making good progress and finding a lot of things that I can part with. The most exciting part is that I’ve managed to get out everything from underneath my bed. I like being able to see the floor.
That’s all for now.