It has been a not so happy couple of weeks. I think that ever since my labor day binge of foods that I don’t usually eat my eating and living has been a bit off. The last week or so has been especially bad. So, I’m getting back to the basics, getting things straightened up in my life. Tomorrow, being the first of October, seems like a great day to start.
So…the things that I’m going to do:
1. Get back to a stricter Paleo diet – I’ve moved to a bit more of a primal stance, which is fine, but I think I took too many liberties with it. So, it’ll be back to cutting out sugar completely and dialing down the dairy. I might consider cutting out the dairy, but at the present moment, sugar seems to be more of the issue. When I say sugar here I mean in the honey, maple syrup forms.
2. Sleep on a schedule – I experienced first hand what it is to have insomnia for the last three nights. Uncool. I’m going to see if I can get into a good sleep pattern. It’s vital to my studies right now, so it’s going to help me out in a bunch of ways.
3. Drink more water – I am terrible at drinking water…I keep talking about it. Maybe this time I can get the hang of this drinking water thing.
4. Cut out watching online TV – This one is going to be a tricky one. Watching TV is more bad habit than anything. I’m going to have to replace it with something else. That something else is still TBD. I’ll update you when I’ve figured it out.
5. Do one thing at a time – I have this terrible habit of doing more than one thing at a time. Usually, it’s trying to watch online TV while cooking or eating. Not a good idea. So, I will be doing exactly one thing at a time. If I’m cooking, I’m cooking. If I’m eating, I’m eating. It’s not the easiest thing to do. Living alone, sometimes you want company and online television tends to be that company for me. However, no longer. I need to make peace in my brain and I need to dial down the confusion. Doing more than one thing at a time is probably spiking my cortisol like no other, so this is my gesture towards reducing my cortisol levels.
And with that, I’m headed to sleep. I got a fantastic massage today that got rid of my terrible headache (a headache that proved to be stubborn against even two Aleve), so now it’s time to reap the benefits and tuck in for a good night of sleep.
Till next time. Happy Weekend!