- The less I use my computer, the more work I get done. The computer means the Internet and the Internet means the vast unknown of all sorts of things to amuse yourself with. And I’m not even that great at finding funny youTube videos or anything like that.
- I hate watching videos online. I am not a fan of online videos. I would much rather read a written out article than watch a video. I do watch movie trailers online, though.
- I miss the fun of actually going to the movies. I know you can still do it, but it’s ridiculously expensive considering I can watch things on my computer at home. Plus, these fast times have made the movies lose some of their magic. The suspense, the anticipation of seeing a new movie, it’s just not there. You know that it’ll be on iTunes or Amazon or wherever really soon.
- I haven’t read a good book in a long time. The sad reality is that I spend so much time sitting on my butt that the last thing I want to do is read. And I love to read. Give me a good book and I won’t stop until I’m done reading…literally. I have gone nights with little to no sleep because of a good book. One of these days, I’m going to get myself a beach vacation with leisurely swims, morning runs, and sunset walks. All the in between time I’m going to be sitting in the shade drinking some fruity drink and lounging with a good book.
- I like to have something to look forward to everyday. Honestly, sometimes doing what you have to do can be a real bore. The drudgery of work, school, or whatever really just makes me feel blah. Throw in some winter weather and cloudy skies and it take extra effort to get out of bed. So, since I can, I’ve been trying to schedule something that I look forward to everyday. Most of the things are simple and accomplish other life goals. For example, yesterday, I was looking forward to going to a trampoline class. I got my work out in, my socializing in (I went with a friend), and it was the highlight of my day. I still don’t have something for today, but we’ll see.