I’m awake bright and early. Well, it’s not exactly bright outside, but it’s definitely early. I was going to sleep around this time over the weekend and now I’m waking up at this time. Go figure. I prefer waking up at this time rather than sleeping at this time (that is 3 AM). I can get my night owl tendencies toward darkness and peacefulness in while still getting a jump start on my day.
Some early morning thoughts for today.
- Caffeine and Estrogen levels – Sorry to be so scientific so early in the morning, but there was this interesting study that I came across last week about how consumption of caffeine affects estrogen levels in women. (see official NIH media release here) In looking for that information on google, I also came across another older study (PDF here) saying that caffeine does appear to elevate estradiol, but the focus of the study was looking at testosterone levels in postmenopausal women consuming caffeine. It’s all very interesting and scientific. It’s also too early in the morning for me to come up with any good coherent thoughts on the matter. I’m sure someone in the paleo/primal/ancestral blogging world will be jumping on this.
- Did you know that you only need one space between sentences? So a friend found this article on spacing between sentences. Apparently, it’s wrong to double space after periods. I tried to single space for a while after that, but I couldn’t do it. Double spacing is automatic for me. I think I have to thank public education for this little bit of incorrect dogma being drilled into my head. Not cool. The only place where I single space is my text messages and that’s only because the technology is more recent and space is at a premium.
- I’m pretty sure today calls for coffee. I’m sure my estrogen levels will be going up, but until I get on a better schedule and start sleeping a good amount of hours consistently, I’ll be spiking my hormone levels. I wonder if the whip cream I put on top makes any difference.
- I need to do laundry, but I don’t want to. I like clean things, but I hate living without my own laundry machines. Plus, the laundry machines here are the old fashioned agitator kind, which I’m not a fan of. The debate rages between going downstairs and doing laundry here or going to a laundromat. Personally, it seems about the same to me.
- I’m thinking it’s time to get to work before the magic on this early morning runs out. Approaching 4 AM here. I had some breakfast (I might have some more) and then it’s off to the races. Perhaps, this morning I can squeeze in a post on Funny Eater. I’ve been hung up on writing this one post for a while.
Well, I hope that everyone else is enjoying sweet dreams this morning. Off I go.