- I like my chocolate, coffee, and beer as dark and deep as possible. A bartender at a bar specializing in beer this past weekend told me that “dark and deep” was not enough of a descriptor to help me pick a beer. Who knew that a beer could taste acidic and metallic while looking like a dark and creamy Guinness? Apparently, this can be true. As for chocolate, I won’t eat it unless it’s dark chocolate. I don’t like milk chocolate and I absolutely detest white chocolate (which for the record is not technically chocolate). Coffee tastes best to me when it’s dark and smooth. Sometimes bold works, too.
- Almost all the food in my house is in the fridge. Right now, I’m focused on eating high quality fresh foods, so I have almost nothing in my freezer and the only things that go in a cupboard or pantry that I have are herbs, spices, and a couple of tins of sardines in olive oil (emergency food in case I really don’t want to cook). The only thing in my freezer is some wild caught seafood and a couple trays of ice.
- I don’t like ice. Speaking of ice, I almost never use ice. I think the last time I used ice was to cool my freshly boiled eggs.
- I like white Christmas lights. I have some strung up in my kitchen. The lights make my kitchen look festive and give me enough light to cook by. I don’t like the overhead lights in my kitchen right now.
- I’m growing wildflowers from a card. I got these little paper cutouts from a Valentine’s Day card making party last year that have flower seeds embedded in them. I found them last week and planted them in a pot. There is one very tiny sprout coming up. Hopefully, the rest will sprout soon. I’m excited to see what kinds of flowers will grow. It’s a mystery! (My favorite line from the movie, “Shakespeare in Love.”)